Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, email address, address, postal code, payment method and telephone number. Other information is collected when you may choose to provide reviews, ratings, membership preferences, participate in the filmmaker bonus system, watch films or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
Use of Information
We use the personal information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize the service and marketing efforts for you and others. This including processing your registration, orders and payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. From time to time, we may partner with companies whose products we believe will interest our members. In conjunction with these partners, we may send promotional announcements and/or serve web-based advertisements on their behalf, as permitted by law.
Disclosure of Information
The Green Channel collects and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To meet legal, regulatory, audit, security and financial requirements under federal and provincial regulations;
- To individuals or organizations who are i) involved in providing products, services, promotional offerings and contests on our behalf; or ii) maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading of our computer systems;
- To maintain business records;
- On an aggregated or anonymous basis, to disclose movie and TV show ratings, consumption behavior, commentary and reviews, or for other purposes not explicitly set forth in this policy;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered by The Green Channel, to use your name and certain other information to administer the promotion, such as contacting, announcing and promoting the winners of the promotion;
- If the website connects you to use social networking features or have social networking plugins available through the website, your personal information may be collected, used or disclosed by other users of the website without restriction; and
- If you cause any information to be disclosed in online postings, such as reviews, on the website, it is made public and we are not responsible for any third party's use of information you publicly disclose through our service.
Cookies and Other Technologies
When you view the website, we collect and store some information on your computer. This information will be stored in a 'Cookie,' which is a file created on your computer’s hard drive, and will help us in many ways. For example, Cookies allow us to tailor the website to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block the creation of Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored, although doing so may affect your use of the website and your ability to access certain features of the website. Please refer to your browser instructions or the help section of your browser to learn more about these functions. The website may use Web beacon, gif or other technologies. When you access our web pages, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us. These technologies usually work in conjunction with cookies. If you turn off cookies, Web beacon technologies will still detect visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.
Right to Access Your Information
If you have any questions, concerns or would like more information about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by The Green Channel, or if you simply want to know whether we have any of your personal information on file, you may contact us.
Opting Out From Receiving Green Channel Communications
You may opt out of receiving e-mail communications by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email received or contacting us. It may take us up to 10 days to complete this process, as permitted by law. Please note that though you may opt out, your personal information may be retained in the database for record keeping purposes and for internal research and analysis.
Technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures and safeguards, such as locked cabinets, restricted access and the use of passwords and firewalls have been adopted to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Personal information collected from our website is kept in a safe and secure system. Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using our service, including our website and user interfaces, or providing information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of The Green Channel service and our Products.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
Changes to This Policy
Transfer of Information
Your personal information is processed and stored inside or outside of the province in which you reside. Under the laws of these other jurisdictions, in certain circumstances foreign courts, law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies may be entitled to access your personal information without notice to you. Therefore, by using the service and the website, you acknowledge and agree to the transfer of your information outside your country of residence to any country where we have facilities.