We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define "personal information" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person.
- through The Green Channel Site;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us;
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from The Green Channel Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and The Green Channel Site; and
Collection of Information
We collect and use several types of information from and about you including:
- personal information that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your first name, last name, mailing address, home address, email address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier;
- you geographical location;
- non-personal information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information or statistical or aggregated information;
- technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Green Channel Site and usage details; and
- non-personal details about your Green Channel Site interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Green Channel Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number. This information may include content title selections, search and watch history, and your interactions with customer service (such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number).
You will also be required to create a password in connection with the registration of your account. Once you register, you will be able to review and edit your information at any time by accessing your profile page. You control your user profile and are able to correct or update your account information.
GPS and Geological Location Information
If you turn GPS and Geo-location service features on, when you use your mobile, we will collect information about WiFi access points as well as other location information about your longitude and latitude and may save your device's coordinates to offer certain features to you. This information helps us identify your physical location and we may use it to personalize The Green Channel Site and make it easier for you to interact with other users, by enabling the information to be displayed and shared with other members choosing to view posts that are in a certain geographical range.
If you have enabled location services, but wish to turn it off, you can do so by the following changing your settings on your mobile device or your computer browser to turn off geo location services.
How We Collect Information From You
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by creating your account, filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise; and
- automated technologies or interactions as you navigate through The Green Channel Site (such information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Green Channel Site may include:
- information that you provide by creating an account, filling in forms on The Green Channel Site, including information provided at the time of registering to use our service, and/or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Green Channel Site;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through our service and of the fulfillment of your orders, if applicable; and
- your search queries on The Green Channel Site.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- details of your visits to our Green Channel Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you can access and use on The Green Channel Site; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do, however, some areas of The Green Channel Site may not function adequately.
We also may use remarketing, re-engagement or similar audiences tools which allow us and/or third party vendors to reach users that have previously visited our Green Channel Site. Google and other similar third parties will show ads across websites that you use as a result of our remarketing tools. Such ads are shown across other websites and are based on your past visits to this The Green Channel Site by using cookies. You can opt out of remarketing by visiting Googles' Ads Settings page (http://www.google.com/settings/Ads Settings page ).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us improve our Green Channel Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Green Channel Site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you return to Green Channel Site.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize the service and marketing efforts for you and others. This includes processing your registration, orders and payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. From time to time, we may partner with companies whose products we believe will interest our members. In conjunction with these partners, we may send promotional announcements and/or serve web-based advertisements on their behalf, as permitted by law.
The information provided by you will be stored through our servers located in Canada and the US.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, and for further certainty, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present The Green Channel Site and its contents to you;
- to provide you full access to the services you subscribe for;
- to fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
- to notify you about changes to the service or The Green Channel Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- in any other way we may described when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Information
The Green Channel collects and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To meet legal, regulatory, audit, security and financial requirements under federal and provincial regulations;
- To individuals or organizations who are i) involved in providing products, services, promotional offerings and contests on our behalf; or ii) maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading of our computer systems;
- To maintain business records;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered by The Green Channel, to use your name and certain other information to administer the promotion, such as contacting, announcing and promoting the winners of the promotion;
- If The Green Channel Site connects you to use social networking features or have social networking plugins available through the website, your personal information may be collected, used or disclosed by other users of the website without restriction; and
- If you cause any information to be disclosed in online postings, such as reviews, on The Green Channel Site, it is made public and we are not responsible for any third party's use of information you publicly disclose through our service.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
RIGHT TO ACCESS
If you have any questions, concerns or would like more information about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by The Green Channel, or if you simply want to know whether we have any of your personal information on file, you may contact us.
OPTING OUT OF RECEIVING COMMUNICATION FROM US
You may opt out of receiving e-mail communications by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email received or contacting us. It may take us up to 10 days to complete this process, as permitted by law. Please note that though you may opt out, your personal information may be retained in the database for record keeping purposes and for internal research and analysis for a period of time that is permitted by applicable laws.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at the email address set out below.
Technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures and safeguards, such as locked cabinets, restricted access and the use of passwords and firewalls have been adopted to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Personal information collected from our website is kept in a safe and secure system. Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using our service, including our website and user interfaces, or providing information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of The Green Channel service and our Products.
Changes to This Policy
Transfer of Information
Your personal information is processed and stored inside or outside of the province in which you reside. Under the laws of these other jurisdictions, in certain circumstances foreign courts, law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies may be entitled to access your personal information without notice to you. Therefore, by using the service and the website, you acknowledge and agree to the transfer of your information outside your country of residence to any country where we have facilities.
Attention: Privacy Officer